Monday, January 30, 2012

Early Bible publishing companies of the KJV 1611?

I have an old KJV version Bible from the World Publishing Company from years ago. I was wondering what other publishers you could list that were some of the older ones that printed KJV Bibles from the authorized KJV of 1611.Early Bible publishing companies of the KJV 1611?
Sorry, I know this isn't what you're asking, but it adds to another question you did ask about publishers. I just recalled that somewhere around here I have an old Cambridge Bible. ;)



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge_U鈥?/a>



Not KJV though. Remember, the KJV has been edited many times, often with good results as the newer pieces of manuscripts are unearthed.Early Bible publishing companies of the KJV 1611?
Unless you buy a specific reprint of the 1611 edition, the King James Version of the Bible is an edited version first published in the mid-18th Century. The original 1611 includes footnotes on translational issues along with the Apocrypha. Mine came from Thomas Nelson Publishers, but I've had it for about 20 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment