Monday, January 23, 2012

What are the best book publishing companies in the U.S.A? To be a successful book editor would I need to move?

I'm very interested in becoming a book editor but I know the salaries aren't too great (median is about 45K) so I figured that I'll be more likely to have a higher salary if I work at a major publishing company but I think most of them are in New York, which I wouldn't like to live in. Are there any prestigious book publishing companies in Miami, Austin, or L.A.? Thanks very much!What are the best book publishing companies in the U.S.A? To be a successful book editor would I need to move?
It's fun that you get to see your book published with the same expertise and professionalism as the regular books that you see in bookstores.



When I meet an author with a great book concept, one who鈥檚 definitely the right person to write that book, right away I鈥檒l often encourage him or her to self-publish. This is because I know that an author is thoroughly invested in what they have to say. Your publisher can help you determine the genre if you like.And this is your book - no one should tell you what to do.



And with the advent of digital publishing, you are not required to move. At all. :)What are the best book publishing companies in the U.S.A? To be a successful book editor would I need to move?
good luck, its very hard to get into editing let alone land a job with one of the majors, and really if you want to work for one of the majors you have to go to new york.What are the best book publishing companies in the U.S.A? To be a successful book editor would I need to move?
The center of America's book industry is still New York. Plenty of small publishing houses exist everywhere, but the center of such jobs is New York or London.
  • compare cars
  • valvoline instant oil change
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment