Monday, January 23, 2012

I want to be a author of fiction and I'm looking for publishing companies that might accept my work. Know any?

Anyone know any? I mean, I don't have the story right away finished and ready to publish, I just want to know some so I have a company in mind.I want to be a author of fiction and I'm looking for publishing companies that might accept my work. Know any?
You need a copy of the latest "Writer's Market" (2010), You can probably find one at your local library or you can order it from Amazon.com here:



http://www.amazon.com/2010-Writers-Marke鈥?/a>



It's the standard reference for people in your situation.I want to be a author of fiction and I'm looking for publishing companies that might accept my work. Know any?
In depends on what genre you're writing, if you're any good, and if you actually finish it (most people don't).I want to be a author of fiction and I'm looking for publishing companies that might accept my work. Know any?
So, you're part way through your first practice story. It will not be publishable. Nor will the next several dozen.



When you've got up to a publishable standard (it normally takes about a million words of fiction writing), and have a completed, polished story to sell, then go buy a copy of Writer's Market. It will tell you what publishers consider work in your genre. If you're really, really lucky, you'll get fewer than 50 rejections before an acceptance. It's a traditional cliche for authors to paper their walls with the rejection slips. Yes, they get that many.



Picking one company at a point when you are half way through a single story isn't going to get you anywhere. It's like assuming that all you have to do to get selected for the Olympics is enter one race somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment