Monday, January 30, 2012

I'm looking for the names of publishing companies for novel units to use in a ninth grade English classroom.

Anyone know publishers or sites online to find teaching guides for various novels (Of Mice and Men, Lord of the Flies, etc.)? I'm starting a job at a new school, and my teaching materials are locked up in storage until the end of September.I'm looking for the names of publishing companies for novel units to use in a ninth grade English classroom.
If you google "lesson plans" "teaching guides" or "unit plans" for the novel titles you'll get a boatload of info. Lots of teachers have their unit plans on websites so you can get assignments, calendars, etc. I use unit plans from enotes.com. They're about $20 but well worth the cost. There's a wealth of information, calendars, quizzes, vocabulary, tests, crossword puzzles, etc.



Good luck with the new job! I taught 9th grade for two years and really dug it...it's a fun age.I'm looking for the names of publishing companies for novel units to use in a ninth grade English classroom.
Just by doing a search titles 'novel units' I found several places.

No comments:

Post a Comment