Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Do you think jobs at publishing/magazine companies are too unstable?

Time Inc. laid off 257 people from a lot of their big magazines last year in 2007. I'm thinking of joining a publishing company but my friends think it's a stupid move on my part. Any insight or advice would be helpful.Do you think jobs at publishing/magazine companies are too unstable?
Hope not! I want to go into editing.Do you think jobs at publishing/magazine companies are too unstable?
Publishing companies are so much more than just magazines, and increasingly they are diversifying into areas like events and the web to compliment their print brands.

I don't think publishing companies are suffering any more than other industies right now, and I would certainly not put you off applying for work in one. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment