Saturday, February 18, 2012

Is there any publishing company which specifically publishes young adult fiction?

I'm a sixteen year old who's trying to publish a book about my decadent generation. I want my fellow teenagers to read it and think about what their lives are about. I would like to know if there are any publishing companies who'll understand where I'm coming from and take a chance with my novel.Is there any publishing company which specifically publishes young adult fiction?
Yes, there is, but you may want to consider doing a bit of research first. There is a wonderful site that was given to me to help find an agent:

http://www.aar-online.org/mc/page.do



I know this isn't directly what you were looking for, but if you're serious about getting this published, you will most likely need an agent. Most publishers require agents now, and those who don't may not be very reputable. I'd stay clear of vanity publishers, publish on demand publishers, and self-publishers. Also, if you don't know anybody who's heard of them, you may want to double-check what you're getting into. You can do background checks at the Better Business Bureau site (just do a search in Google), and it's handy to have somebody who knows something about contracts to take a look into things too.

I started out almost exactly where you are, and was fortunate enough to have something published of mine at the age of 19...just last year. I just wish I would've known everything that I know now, because I probably wouldn't have gone with the same publisher.Is there any publishing company which specifically publishes young adult fiction?
Get the 2007 issue of Writer's Market

Or use their online service at

http://www.writersmarket.com/index_ns.as鈥?/a>
  • flyff
  • the office full episodes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment