Sunday, February 12, 2012

What is a reliable, trustworthy publishing company?

I'm currently writing a book and I think it'd be nice if I could get it published, but I'm clueless about publishing. Which publishing companies can you trust and rely on? I heard lulu.com is a good place to SELF-publish, but some ppl say it's a scam. I'd like to have the names of some good publishing companies. I'd prefer a literary agent over selfpublishing, but if it comes down to it, I might selfpublish. :o And if you have any advice for an amateur writer, please don't hesitate to fill me in . =D Thanks.What is a reliable, trustworthy publishing company?
NO self publishers are reliable or trustworthy. They will also cost you a fortune and your books will never be seen on the shelves of bookstores.



Two important rules to remember



Uncle Jim's Law - Money should flow TOWARD the author - not away from them.



Persi's Law #1 - If you believe in yourself and in your book, you owe it to yourself to spend at least twice as long trying to have it published traditionally as you did writing it.



If it is fiction, you begin by submitting a query letter plus whatever else that particular publisher requests in their submission guidelines. Generally, it is a synopsis.



If and when you get a publisher or agent interested, they will ask for a full or partial manuscript and a book proposal. Most novices haven't a clue as to what a book proposal is. It is the single most important part of the submission process.



You had better have the entire book already written, revised and professionally edited, because if someone asks to see the manuscript, they mean NOW. They will not wait for you to complete it. Nobody is interested in buying ideas, they buy BOOKS.



To start learning about publishers, I recommend getting a copy of 2008 Writers Market. Resist the urge to go immediately to the listings and actually READ the book first. Remember that you cannot send an unsolicited query to any of the top ten publishers yourself. They only deal with A List Agents. You can go directly to smaller publishers.



If you go to my profile, you will find I star all good Q and A on writing and publishing. Many successful authors have posted here. Feel free to print them out and study them.



Pax-CWhat is a reliable, trustworthy publishing company?
Creative Byline is a pretty neat website. I know people who have used it and liked it a lot. If you click on the writers tab it has it all layed out how it works. I know they have great reviews online too. Check it out. Good Luck



http://www.bzzagent.com//p/1594249498/da鈥?/a>What is a reliable, trustworthy publishing company?
I don't know a good publishing company, but a book I got once called 'Get Publushed' is a great help. It gives you the pro's and cons of both self and company publishing, and the difference of total self publishing, and self publishing with help.
Infinity publishing is actually decent and they're prices are reasonable.
  • d3100
  • unique baby boy names
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment