Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Small publishing companies?

I recently completed a story that I intend on sending to several publishing companies in hopes they will publish it. One small dilemma is I don鈥檛 know of any companies that aren鈥檛 huge like Harper Collins.Small publishing companies?
You're better off querying agents. An agent will help you navigate the murky waters of publishing. Only after I exhausted agents accepting work in my genre would I start querying publishers directly.



One caveat to look for in small presses (if you really want to go that way--I'd shoot for the stars and hope to hit at least the moon, but that's just me) is if they want to charge you any kind of fee AT ALL before they will take you on. Vet anyone you find at Preditors and Editors, and if they have a red "not recommended" by their name, don't query them.

No comments:

Post a Comment