Sunday, February 12, 2012

I need a publishing company for my book?

I do not want to self-publish. I am looking to apply to a publishing company with a query letter. I don't need help with the query letter. I need a list of publishing companies and their sites/addresses/web addresses/anything you can give me. I wrote a book aimed for a preteen %26amp; teenage audience having to do with a teenage girl protagonist who had to defeat vampires. What companies should I attempt to apply to? Does it matter if I pick one with a local base? (I live in southern NH) I'm not quite ready at this exact moment to find a company to pick up my book, but I realize I need to be thinking about possible companies. Any help would be gladly appreciated!!I need a publishing company for my book?
You don't want a publishing house, you want an AGENT. A reputable agent will be able to open doors for your work that you never thought possible. A press might be willing to take you on without one, but it will NOT be to your advantage. An agent knows the market and the lingo, and they are responsible for getting you the best deal and percentage for your work. You wouldn't want to purchase a house without a real estate agent's help, and the last thing you want to do is navigate the murky waters of the publishing world alone. Without an agent, you are more likely to lose money on advances, royalty percentages, you might not be given anything for foreign, film, or electronic rights (which are all big deals), and in extreme cases, you could lose all rights to your book should it go out of print or the house goes under.



If you care about your work at all, I suggest you rethink your strategy and start querying agents instead. Good luck!
Yahoo has a directory of publishing companies; their sites and information. You may find this useful.

http://dir.yahoo.com/Business_and_Econom鈥?/a>I need a publishing company for my book?
Go to the library or bookstore and pick up The Writer's Market it will have everything you need. I think they also have a book gear specifically for the adolescent market. You might even just try googling writer's market and see what you come up with.

Good luck.
You want either a small publisher or an agent who can represent you to major publishers. But you must realize this is no simple matter. This can take YEARS to find one. Be prepared for much rejection before you get a bite.



If you go to my profile, you will find I star great Q and A on writing and publishing for others to use. Go through them and pick out a few that will help you. Print them out and study them. Learning how the publishing business works in very complex and takes a lot of time and patience. But you need to learn how to advocate for yourself. Your query letter has to be really catching to get a publisher or agent interested. And be original. Publishers and agents know all the sample letters online and in books by heart. If you try copying one and changing it to fit your book, they will toss you. They have seen them all before. And once you get one interested, they will ask for a full or partial manuscript and a book proposal. You will need to learn how to write one of those. That is your main selling tool. There are many books out there on the subject.



Pax-CI need a publishing company for my book?
www.publishamerica.com is my publisher. they look over your book when you send it to them and if they like it say theyll publish it. they publish free and you get royalties for the books that sell

No comments:

Post a Comment