Saturday, February 18, 2012

Is there a list detailing which publishing companies are set up by writers?

I would like to know because I wanna choose from a list, of that kind, myself and then contact some of them.



Please don't send me links to specific publishing companies as I won't look at their website! I'd rather choose from a list detailing each company to get an idea of what kinds of books they publish!



Thank you!Is there a list detailing which publishing companies are set up by writers?
Writer's Market....Is there a list detailing which publishing companies are set up by writers?
You need to buy "The Writers Market 2009" or at least borrow a copy from your local library



It'll give you a list of all the publishers and there sites, so on and so forthIs there a list detailing which publishing companies are set up by writers?
I personally do not know of any publishing houses set up by writers. I have my own theory as to why. One reason is publishing is not like record sales you just can set up your own label if you don't like your record company but I think it's getting there, especially with specialty genres. The main barrier is there are a handful of large books sellers, and they only have a finite amount of shelf space. They are not going to piss off a major publisher with dozens of titles for one guy who may sell three hundred thousand copies and could have a off year.



If you don't want to deal with large house then look at a small press house. If your a big seller the big guys may pick you up if you stay you'll be a big fish in a small pond.



You may also may want to look at the writers market, but I doubt you'll find what you are looking for in there.



Good luck if you do find somebody let me know.
Well I was about to answer your question but your 'Additional Details' are so flippin' rude I don't really want to now!



However, being the kind-hearted person I am, I will just say that I don't think most publishing houses are set up by writers, but why don't you google 'publishers founded by writers' or something like that and see where that gets you. And get hold of the latest copy of 'The Artists and Writers Yearbook' as that will list all the publishers that are looking to take on new writers at the moment; and it should include any (if any exist) that have been set up by writers.



But I have to warn you, you really REALLY need to improve your attitude towards people who are trying to help you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment