Saturday, February 18, 2012

What are some manga publishing companies that I can send my basic idea to?

Some of you may have already read my idea for a manga, to be called "Black Dove". If you haven't, I'll paste the link below. I was just wondering if there are any manga/comic publishing companies that I could send the idea to. I don't want to hear the big ones, like Marvel and DC. Smaller ones, so I have a better chance of getting mine read. I have mildly looked into Dark Horse, but I am unsure if I am able to use the "Contact Us" button to tell them about my idea.

Before you say anything, I am a blonde, but not a stupid one. I can usually figure stuff out, but I'm the type of person who doesn't want to get into trouble.



Manga Plot/Idea

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111216135155AAB2aoZWhat are some manga publishing companies that I can send my basic idea to?
You are being very silly. The only manga companies that exist are in Japan, where manga is created. You cannot "submit your story" to them. You have to be an employee - which means you also have to be Japanese! The only mangas you can buy from Dark Horse are ones that they've been licensed to distribute by said manga companies - they do NOT publish manga, because they are independant comicbook company.



I wont click on your link, but if you have an idea and want it to be published somewhere your best bet is at Image Comics - there, you are your own boss BUT, you must have a team of artists/writers/everything else you need for your story already, they do NOT assign a staff to work with you. This arrangement allows you total control and ownership/rights over your vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment