Saturday, February 18, 2012

Is it true that there are publishing companies that take a "risk" with my book?

I read somewhere that some writers had the opportunity to publish their books by publishing companies who wanted to take a "risk" to see if the book becomes a bestseller, I've heard that they pay you to write if it becomes a hit. I have about four books written (a short story, a two-book series and I'm currently working on another novel), and I'm searching for the opportunity to publish my books. There is a set-back, because I live in Puerto Rico, and the publishing companies here want a large ammount of money paid at the moment (an I think my book will never sell if it's stuck in Puerto Rico). I was searching for companies who wanted to take a "risk" with my books, even if we have to split the profits. Do you have any suggestions? Are there any companies like that? Are they real (lol)? I just want my book published.



Can you help?



P.S. I'm only eighteen, I've never published a book in my life, so you could say that I'm a newborn in the book publishing world, lol!Is it true that there are publishing companies that take a "risk" with my book?
*Every* publisher takes a risk whenever they publish anything. Even though they try to find the cream of the crop, a book may still fail when it goes to market.



If any publisher offers to publish your book at a "risk" but expects you to pay in part for it, turn them down. No proper traditional publisher expects the writer to pay for publishing.
  • lund boats
  • campers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment