Saturday, February 18, 2012

Major Publishing Companies?

I've tried researching major publishing companies but for some reason, clear results never seem to come up.



I'm aspiring to be a book editor and I'd like to stay in California, so obviously since most publishing companies are on the east coast I'm limited. I'd like to work in the fantasy, science fiction type field. So far I have Harper Collins on my list, but it'd be a long shot if I managed to work in the ONE publishing company I have on my list.



They really don't need to be MAJOR, but something stable and with more job opportunities than most. I would really appreciate a list of publishing companies in California. That's basically what I'm asking. Please and thank you.Major Publishing Companies?
these are the top 20 media companies. they also control a large portion of published magazines and newspapers in united states.



You can wiki search any of the companies below and it will give you a list of all the stuff they own. Take a look at an example here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_Pub鈥?/a>



1. Time Warner Inc.

2. Walt Disney Company

3. Viacom Inc.

4. News Corporation

5. CBS Corporation

6. Cox Enterprises

7. NBC Universal

8. Gannett Company, Inc.

9. Clear Channel Communications Inc.

10. Advance Publications, Inc.

11. Tribune Company

12. McGraw-Hill Companies

13. Hearst Corporation

14. Washington Post Company

15. The New York Times Company

16. E.W. Scripps Co.

17. McClatchy Company

18. Thomson Corporation

19. Freedom Communications, Inc.

20. A%26amp;E Television NetworksMajor Publishing Companies?
I think the answer was a great help because those places own a lot. I am actually interested in the same thing as you, Heather. Did you find another list or companies in California?

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment