Thursday, February 9, 2012

Can anyone name some popular fiction publishing companies and give their websites and/or how to contact them?

I developed a 20 page ( 20 8"x11" double spaced 12 pt times new roman font pages with standard margins) work of fiction as part of a class I was taking at my college and the professor suggested that I submit it to the creative writing contest that she was sponsoring. I submitted the work to the contest and ended up winning first place. This win has given me the confidence to believe that if I really wanted to I could make the work longer by adding to it in certain places, and then possibly "send" (or email) it to a publisher who might publish it. Of course I still do NOT have confidence that the publisher will even end up having a chance to notice my work in lieu of the millons of other things they probably have to do,but I figure anything is worth a try. So can anyone tell me the names of some popular fiction publishing companies, and/or if they have a website and give me the website and/or how to contact the company so I could possibly try to submit the work?Can anyone name some popular fiction publishing companies and give their websites and/or how to contact them?
I can't give you any names, I don't know any. Perhaps you could make a web search. Without having read your book, remember that from the moment a book is published, it is mainly a commercial product, which means that it obeys the rules of the market. If your book is good, it may not sell because there are no potential readers. If it is bad, it may sell if it is promoted well. If you care about the quality of your writings, you should try to have people that are not in any close to you evaluate your work. Even if we do not want to, we tend to show the bright side of things, or highlight little good parts of them to people like our family, friends or acquaintances, while there are some bigger bad parts. [And I do not have anything against you, of course, I just wanted to give you a clue]. Anyway, good luck (oh, and make sure you somehow protect your copyrights. You never know...)
  • mopar
  • towing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment