Thursday, February 2, 2012

I need a list of real publishing companies?

One where you don't have to pay for their services.I need a list of real publishing companies?
You'll want to get an agent first. Most publishing houses don't accept unsolicited manuscripts, just as the first person stated. There are a few small publishers that take them for limited times, so if you write a particular genre you could look into that (or attend a convention where a publisher's booth may be set up, that's always a great way to meet folks in the biz). Your biggest concern is making sure your manuscript is up to snuff. Then submit it to an agent and wait. Also, if any agent or publisher asks YOU for money, it's probably a scam.I need a list of real publishing companies?
You need an agent first because 99% of publishing companies won't accept unsolicited manuscripts. Get writer's market or artist's and writer's yearbook and look for agents that represent your genre. Write a near to perfect query letter and send it off to them. Then wait.I need a list of real publishing companies?
The first guy is right. I queried agents for years and finally published my novel myself through Infinity publishing. I am very happy with them but I had to pay and market it myself. They put it on Amazon for me and that's about it in terms of marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment